Re: Facts and draft-state information (was Re: Protocol Action: 'Case-Sensitive String Support in ABNF' to Proposed Standard (draft-kyzivat-case-sensitive-abnf-02.txt)

2014-10-07 04:49:38
Folks,

I think we need to be careful about fact, RFC 7190 the status page says:

IETF State:     Submitted to IESG for Publication
Consensus:      Yes
Document shepherd:      Loa Andersson
Shepherd Write-Up:      Last changed 2013-11-16

/Loa

On 2014-10-07 11:38, Abdussalam Baryun wrote:
Is the IESG system reviewing drafts without checking the IETF state per
draft? If the IETF state of the draft is not submitted to IESG then the
draft should not be reviewed. I thought IETF system is interconnected
and if I get a message from IESG saying that a documented is submitted
then the IETF state of the draft is submitted.

The draft in subject is not product of IETF WG so it has no consensus
needed, however, in the document Page in data tracker it should
IETF-state as None and that there were consensus as Yes. We need to make
this error stop. There are other state/info issues with other RFCs that
we need to be careful when we input but  I will give some examples;

7181 is WG RFC but has the IETF-state still been in last call and was
not assigned with shephered.

7190 is WG RFC but says unknown for consensus. It should change to Yes.

7193 is WG RFC but has IETF-state as None, it should be changed to
submitted to IESG or to any body it was submitted through.

7195, 7198 are WG RFCs but have consensus as unknown. It should change
to Yes.

7199 is WG RFC but IETF-state still WG document, consensus still
unknown, shepherd is not assigned. Please change.

7200 is WG RFC but IETF-state is still write up, consensus unknown.
Please change.

I just done quick and random check and many are with mistakes that don't
reflect reality. Consensus is very critical and there is no doubt that
it should have been gained, but our pages make doubts. I suggest
all WGs management SHOULD review their draft-states/RFCs in data
tracker to give them real process-states with facts and correct
information.

Best Regards,

AB