Re: Facts and draft-state information (was Re: Protocol Action: 'Case-Sensitive String Support in ABNF' to Proposed Standard (draft-kyzivat-case-sensitive-abnf-02.txt)

2014-10-08 11:01:49
It might be a bit of overkill (and not very high priority) to have
two fields - one "WG Consensus" and "IETF Consensus"?

I understand where that comes from, but I think it's an artifact of
the poorly names "Consensus" field.  No document should come out of a
working group with publication requested unless is has working group
consensus, so I don't see the value to such a field.

The problem here is that the "Consensus" field is purely something to
tell the RFC Editor what boilerplate to put on the document, and the
field should be renamed to make that clear and to remove the
confusion.

I believe the IESG does have a ticket open with the tools team to
address this, and it'll eventually pop out and get changed.

Barry