Re: Proposed IESG structure change

2014-10-09 11:23:46
On 10/9/14 9:14 AM, Ted Lemon wrote:
On Oct 9, 2014, at 11:11 AM, John C Klensin <john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com>
wrote:
There might well be people who would be able and willing to
volunteer for a transition job with the understanding that it would
be a one-year commitment at most and might even turn out to be a
six month one with a graceful opportunity to step down because the
needed job was completed.

The problem is that the learning curve is longer than a year, so
there's not likely to be a great deal of utility in doing this.   A
new AD is better than no AD if you need a new AD, but if you don't,
what's the point?   I would have been very frustrated if my first
year of being an AD were my only year.

yeah no I don't see that as a good idea.