Re: Proposed IESG structure change

2014-10-10 14:36:17

Below:

On 10/10/14 11:33 AM, Pete Resnick wrote:
On 10/10/14 10:30 AM, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
What is proposed is to drop the Applications area.

No. That's not being proposed.

pr

Well,

[Jari wrote, in the announcement:]
A significant
amount of the work that is going on in the APP area pertains to the web
protocols, but that has a good deal of crossover with work in RAI.
[snip]
>  we have noticed that
the number of WGs in the APP area, particularly on the non-web protocols, is
currently shrinking. So we are starting to think about reorganizing the areas
a bit, possibly merging parts (or all) of the APP and RAI areas into a single
area,
[snip]
In the short term, however, we would like to advise the NomCom to *not* fill
the APP AD vacancy in this NomCom cycle.

So, I really can't imagine why people have the impression doing away with the APP Area isn't _exactly_ what is being proposed...

Leslie.

"Reality:
     Yours to discover."
                                -- ThinkingCat