Re: Proposed IESG structure change

2014-10-10 16:16:17
Just a point of fact:

You need to read it all.   Regular candidates serve a 2 or 3 year
appointment.  Mid-term vacancy fillers serve between 1 to three years
depending on when the vacancy occurs.   AFAIK we've never made a normal
vacancy 1 year appointment.

We did it on the IESG when we created the RAI area in 2006: Jon
Peterson was appointed RAI AD for a one-year term, and Lars Eggert was
give a one-year term in TSV to fill the mid-term vacancy.

We did it on the IAB when we appointed Eliot Lear for a second
one-year term in 2014 (his first one-year term was to fill the
mid-term vacancy created when Jari became IETF Chair in 2013).

Barry