Re: Proposed IESG structure change

2014-10-16 09:35:33

--On Thursday, October 16, 2014 07:27 -0700 Jari Arkko
<jari(_dot_)arkko(_at_)piuha(_dot_)net> wrote:

If we really have an issue with Apps and Area boundaries, then
let's address that issue.  There is, however, a chance that
the current Apps issue, the recent issues with Transport,
increasing homogeneity in the IESG and exclusion of people
who don't have strong corporate/organization support, and
questions about work migrating out of the IETF that used to
be obviously done here are part of a pattern.

I think both of those are issues. But I think addressing the
latter and harder problem should not prevent us from
addressing the former. The management structure needs to
scale, but we still need the right areas, matching where the
work is.

I completely agree.  Sorry if I was not clear.
   john