Re: Proposed IESG structure change

2014-10-16 09:28:06

If we really have an issue with Apps and Area boundaries, then
let's address that issue.  There is, however, a chance that the
current Apps issue, the recent issues with Transport, increasing
homogeneity in the IESG and exclusion of people who don't have
strong corporate/organization support, and questions about work
migrating out of the IETF that used to be obviously done here
are part of a pattern.

I think both of those are issues. But I think addressing the latter and harder
problem
should not prevent us from addressing the former. The management structure needs
to scale, but we still need the right areas, matching where the work is.

Jari