Re: Tropical/resort meetings in germany

2014-11-26 08:41:02
On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 9:30 AM, Carsten Bormann <cabo(_at_)tzi(_dot_)org>
wrote:
On 26 Nov 2014, at 15:19, Michael Richardson
<mcr+ietf(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca> wrote:

This seems like an ideal place to hold ietf meeting plenaries!

"Let's put the future behind us" -
http://www.antipope.org/charlie/blog-static/2014/11/lets-put-the-future-behind-us-1.html

Won’t work.
Too many IETFers would immediately demand to turn up the aircon until it’s a
healthy 18 °C/65 °F.

Well, seeing as we wouldn't be leaving the enclave at least we
wouldn't need to deal with the (possibly apocryphal) German "You
cannot have the temperature delta >x, because people will faint"
issue....

On the down-side, it is *nowhere* near Ja! Niko Ja! - I think a new
rule for the IAOC meeting selection should include that, if we meet
anywhere in Germany it needs to be in close walking distance to Ja!
Niko Ja! (if only because the name amuses me...)

Grüße, Carsten

idea in the first place.
of pants.
   ---maf