Re: Tropical/resort meetings in germany

2014-11-27 13:01:03
To finish this nice off topic discussion (at least for a while) ...

France has one or two amphibious assault ships, that look for new owner. Those ships are ideal for hosting IETF. Big enough, neutral, having nicely divided rooms in different sizes and able to accept helicopters and STOVL aircraft so anyone can avoid immigration issues. Plus those ships can serve for IETF meetings as well as for interim meetings and could be used also for hosting ICANN/IANA (to preserve their neutral status) as well as primary nameservers.

So we need to stop talking (e-mailing) and start fundraising - both ships cost about 3bn EUR. We may ask France for their support of The Internet community (means discount, discount).

        With kind regards
                Michal

.....and incredibly expensive once you are there!

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf [mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Christopher
Morrow
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2014 11:46 AM
To: Stephane Bortzmeyer
Cc: Michael Richardson; ietf
Subject: Re: Tropical/resort meetings in germany

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 9:56 AM, Stephane Bortzmeyer
<bortzmeyer(_at_)nic(_dot_)fr> wrote:

Why not in Russia instead? Judging by the average size of the IETFer,
we could use some physical training at the airport
<http://lifenews.ru/news/145798>
this looks like good fun... if we're going to snowy places for exercise, we could just go
to iceland...it's "central" enough, right?
:)