Re: Tropical/resort meetings in germany

2014-11-27 18:10:37

--On Thursday, 27 November, 2014 15:07 -0500 Warren Kumari
<warren(_at_)kumari(_dot_)net> wrote:

What may be feasible would be to host in a ship that remains
in port, tied to the dock. Connectivity, travel, etc all get
better, and some liners have issues filling all year round...

I would encourage anyone whose IETF work is supported by a
US-based company and who is taking this seriously to check with
your organizational legal and accounting departments about the
special rules that apply to meetings on cruise ships.  After
they get through explaining to you how much they are enchanted
with the idea, you might summarize their reactions to the rest
of us.

Those subject to the taxation rules of other countries may or
may not discover that similar rules apply to them.

On the other hand, if the purpose of this discussion is to waste
the time of everyone on this list, my apologies for interrupting
your entertainment.

   john