Re: RFC 20 status change last call: References to appendices

2015-01-03 20:00:22
By the way, I don't have a copy of X3.4-1968, but I do have a copy of
X3.4-1977, which says in the back that it's a minor revision of the
1968 edition.  The two footnotes on page 5 appear unchanged in the
1977 edition, other than that appendix B4 is now B5, and I can assure
you that you haven't missed anything you didn't already know.

Give that reference copies of x3.4-1968 are few and far between and I don't
believe are
available electronically anywhere other than RFC 20 itself, I would like to
suggest a note in
the erratum translating the appendix pointers to x3.4-1977 and that the
current version
x3.4-1986 contains the differences between it and x3.4-1977.

The current version appears to be ANSI INCITS 4-1986 (R2007).  Copies,
probably all unauthorized, are easy to find on the web.  It's still not
very different from the earlier versions.

Since the appendices in question say nothing of importance, I think we
have spent far too much time on this already.

R's,
John