Re: term for 3rd RTG AD

2015-01-07 13:14:53
Michael,

I support a two year term for the extra Routing AD - that's a good amount
of time for getting good at the AD job, whereas one year is too short, and
three is (as others said) a lot of commitment, as well as being a problem
if the person loses interest or some such issue.

Allison

On 29 December 2014 at 18:09, Michael Richardson
<mcr+ietf(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>
wrote:

John Leslie <john(_at_)jlc(_dot_)net> wrote:
    >    (Nonetheless, I support the IESG choosing to experiment with three
    > RTG ADs for one year.)

I hadn't thought yet as to the term and rotation by which the 3 RTG ADs
would
get re-evaluated.  RFC3777 (and bis) say that the terms shall be such that
"half the IESG" gets evaluated each year.
(If the writeup explained that, I missed it)

As such, it would likely be best if the new RTG AD was a either 1 year or 3
year term simply so that it's opposite the IETF Chair term.  However, any
additional flipping around due to the new area would change that anyway.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software
Works