Re: Updating BCP 10 -- NomCom ELEGIBILITY

2015-01-11 00:02:00
Michael,

On 2015-01-11 07:37, Michael Richardson wrote:
Note: it is really impossible at this stage of remote attendance for nomcom
       to operate with more than 1 remote selecting member.  In effect, all
       of the interviewers really have got to be at the Third Meeting in
       person. (And it's not just about technology, it's also about time
       zones and informal dinners, and all the other things that our
       technology fails at.)
       So the person who is always remote, makes a very poor nomcom member.

I made a similar comment.

I guess that remote participation to be eligible to serve on the
NomCom is not that contentious, even though I don't see how we
could establish that the remote participation is at a sufficient
level.

On the hand being remote while serving on the NomCom I do not see
as acceptable; modulo that s-t happens and NomCOm memebers can't
travel. The strong expectation should be that NomCom members should
participate in the IETF meetings during the their NomCom term.

/Loa

--

Loa Andersson                        email:
loa(_at_)mail01(_dot_)huawei(_dot_)com