Re: Updating BCP 10 -- NomCom ELEGIBILITY

2015-01-14 13:48:43
In what way does scribing help someone be an appropriate choice to be
on the NOMCOM?

In my experience scribing makes it really difficult to participate in
any other way (e.g., in a discussion) for the duration of the scribing
duties.  Not exactly something that adds value to the scriber.

Anyone who can type fast and who can hear well can scribe, but this
says nothing about their knowledge of process, people, issues...  How
much one has scribed seems like a useless metric to me.

Nico