Re: Updating BCP 10 -- NomCom ELEGIBILITY

2015-01-14 10:50:08
On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 3:03 PM, Michael Richardson
<mcr+ietf(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>
wrote:

Michael StJohns <mstjohns(_at_)comcast(_dot_)net> wrote:
    > Everyone who volunteers for Nomcom must have at least 3 certified and
    > approved instances of being a note taker or jabber scribe for a full
    > set of sessions for a specific working group in the past 5 meetings
in
    > addition to attending 3 of 5 meetings.  "Approved" means that the
notes

huh? Why are you making it harder to remain eligible?
Can you jabber scribe or take notes without attending?

Having been unable to get into jabber for the first couple of days of the
last meeting due to obnoxious changes to Adium that forced me to install a
new client, I am not at all keen on making jabber scribing a criteria.

Making this a criteria would replace one admin chore with another. WG
chairs would have to capture the info and report it. And people would have
to check they got their chit signed for credit or do double Latin prep
before cuppers.

One issue with Michael's original proposal is that if the details of
implementation are not done right it can create problems for verifying
eligibility. And it is not just a matter of the chair of one nomcon handing
a spreadsheet on to the next because a lot of people who are eligible on
attendance grounds are ineligible on other grounds.

So you would probably want to make the IAB and IESG automatics as well just
to save effort (its not like non-appearances are very frequent).