Re: IETF areas re-organisation steps

2015-01-15 10:36:42
FWIW, I totally agree with Robert as well as the concerns Ted has raised.
In particular, I totally share Robert's concern about the confusion to the
community as to where new work should go.   One of the huge advantages we
achieved with the formation of the DISPATCH WG was that unless it was
crystal clear what WG the work was most relevant to, individuals (for the
most part) came to the DISPATCH WG/chairs.  Prior to that, we would have
people WG shopping and there was one situation where the same draft was
presented in 3 different WGs.

IMHO, the workload issue could be much more effectively handled by taking
better advantage of directorates.  The RAI area directorate is not at all
been utilized as it could be.

Regards,
Mary.

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 2:50 PM, Robert Sparks