IANA considerations, was: [Gen-art] Gen-ART and OPS-Dir review of draft-ietf-httpbis-header-compression-10

2015-01-20 03:15:50
On 2015-01-20 09:22, Martin Thomson wrote:
idnits complained that it couldn't find an IANA Considerations
section.  Please add an empty one (stating that there are no IANA
Considerations) if/when the draft is revised.

I tend to think that absence of "IANA Considerations" and a section
with "This document has no IANA actions." should be treated as
precisely equivalent.  But I guess that ship sailed already.

Having no "IANA Considerations" causes additional work because multiple parties will have to check whether there's indeed nothing to consider, or whether the authors just forgot to think about these. It causes unneeded friction and delays.

Best regards, Julian