Re: Proposed IETF Websites’ Privacy Policy; Community Input Requested

2015-02-04 10:58:36
Hi, the law in question "applies to
operators of commercial web sites and online services that collect personally
identifiable
information about Californians." [1] Like any responsible online commercial
entity, the IETF likely has legal counsel that tries to aggregate all of these
kinds of legal requirements into a global view of what needs to be
affirmatively stated in a privacy policy...

[1]: https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/cybersecurity/making_your_privacy_practices_public.pdf

--Joseph Lorenzo Hall

Chief Technologist

Center for Democracy & Technology