Re: Proposed IETF Websites’ Privacy Policy; Community Input Requested

2015-02-05 12:28:47
----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexey Melnikov" <alexey(_dot_)melnikov(_at_)isode(_dot_)com>
To: "John Levine" <johnl(_at_)taugh(_dot_)com>
Cc: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2015 5:31 PM
On 05/02/2015 17:26, John Levine wrote:
In article <026c01d04132$ae746be0$0b5d43a0$@olddog.co.uk> you write:
Yeah, I'd agree with that.
So would I, but given how amorphous the IETF is, it'll be a
challenge to
come up with anything realistic.  For example, how would a privacy
policy
apply to mailing list hosted other than on the IETF's servers?

I thought all BoF/WG mailing list (but one) that were not hosted on
IETF
servers were migrated to @ietf.org.

Alexey

You may recall a recent post to the appsawg list that suggested that the
discussions on uri and iri should take place on
         "http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/uri/";
         "http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-iri/";
while I see (used to?) discussion on
uri(_at_)w3(_dot_)org

I think that the higher up the stack you go, the more likely you are to
see discussion of IETF I-Ds taking place on non-IETF lists.

Tom Petch

Does the IETF have a privacy policy overall?