Re: Updating BCP 10 -- NomCom

2015-02-11 15:15:42

Michael StJohns <mstjohns(_at_)comcast(_dot_)net> wrote:
    > Allison - your desire to have 3+ interviewers per interviewee is going
    > to contribute to slowing down the process even more.  At this point I
    > see us starting to try and begin the process a full two years before
    > confirmation. (Yup - hyperbole, but seriously, we're spending WAY too
    > much calendar time from first indication of candidacy to selection).

I can not agree with you.

If anything, slow thinking and good interviews contribute to *FASTER*
decision making, because you don't have two people who jumped to a conclusion
fighting each other for hours/days.

My Nomcom finished all it's work a week before Xmas, the rest of the delay is
due to CB discussions, and just simple CB scheduling.
The previous one (Allisons) was about the same.

The one before (Matt) took much longer because the transport issue.

As for your notion that the nomcom could provide the CB with two from which
it could select: ha.  That's fiction.

]     mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on
rails    [