Re: Updating BCP 10 -- NomCom ELEGIBILITY

2015-02-13 14:59:17
On Feb 12, 2015, at 3:27 PM, Sam Hartman <hartmans-ietf(_at_)mit(_dot_)edu>
wrote:
In the past I've been nervous about giving remote participation too much
power in part because I'm worried about how that impacts meeting fees
and in part because I value cross-area involvement.

It's possible that we could collect meeting fees from remote attendees,
offering a hardship exemption for those who can't afford it.   That would
depend on remote attendance working better than it does now, I think, but it
would be unfortunate if the main impediment to making remote attendance work
well were that we didn't want to lose meeting revenue.