Re: Updating BCP 10 -- NomCom ELEGIBILITY

2015-02-11 16:27:17
I am starting to sympathize with Mike.  What is our goal here.
Expanding the nomcom pool with folks who may be contributing but do not have visibility to how things are working does not seem to help us.

Given that most companies that appear to be trying to get a lot of nomcom members also send a varying range of people, and that much of the constraint on nomcom volunteering seems to be willingness, I do not see any indication that a larger available pool will reduce the proportion each of the 5 or so large companies offer up.

And while contributing is a good indicator of caring, it is an even worse indicator than attendance of having any visibility to the community or the management challenges, or any of the other criteria I think each of us have in our heads for good nomcom members.

To paraphrase my earlier note, if we can expand the set of qualified and highly suitable nomcom members (and get them to volunteer) that does seem desirable. I am trying to relate the conditions to the goal.

Yours,
Joel