Re: Updating BCP 10 -- NomCom ELEGIBILITY

2015-02-11 14:29:42

Mary Barnes <mary(_dot_)h(_dot_)barnes(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
    > they just aren't investing the time.  I think it would also be possible
for
    > the 11th to participate
    > in discussions, provide input, etc. and just not vote.  Although, I think

I agree.
The other liasons to the process are doing this at the request of their
respective organizations...

    > particular nomcom, as is a number of other decisions in terms of how
    > engaged anyone that isn't a
    > voting member is in the process - e.g., some nomcoms actually have the
past
    > chair in interviews.

I made use of all of the liasons and past-chair as observers.

    > As chair, I didn't even feel it was a necessity for me to be involved in
    > all interviews.  I did sit
    > in on some where we did not have sufficient voting members available.

The same for me; I tried to sit through at least the first interview for each
time I had a "green" lead person... but I certainly didn't feel I had to be
there the whole time.    In fact, I got rather giddy with (parental?)
satisfaction as I found that the nomcom members were completely exceeding my
expectations in the way they were conducting the interviews.

So, the question is: should the selection of a spare, and the process (that
they be treated as a non-selection-voting observer) be written into BCP10?

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-