Re: Updating BCP 10 -- NomCom ELEGIBILITY

2015-02-11 14:32:01

Ted Lemon <Ted(_dot_)Lemon(_at_)nominum(_dot_)com> wrote:
    >> Let us say that we have 1200 attendees per meeting, the group you are
    >> talking is 1% of the 1200, we are talking about 12 people.

    > I suspect that what you will find is that of the remote attendees, zero
    > are there to read email in a meeting room.   So I think this 1% figure
    > you've pulled out of your hat is probably not a good one to use: it's
    > likely that a regular remote attendee is very involved in the IETF.

Actually, that's a really good point: anyone who bothers to show up at a bad
timezone to be a remote attendee for a session is probably twice as committed
as someone who is just in the room.

the first two rows are for people who've read the drafts... we should get rid
of the rest of the chairs :-)

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-