Re: Updating BCP 10 -- NomCom ELEGIBILITY

2015-02-11 08:27:41
Dave,

On 2015-02-11 21:44, Dave Crocker wrote:
Swap the focus.  Rather than seeking to characterize the clueless, let's
characterize folk who are much more likely to be clueful:

Would be a blessing :)

      Ensure that at least a portion of the Nomcom has contributed in
formal, documented way.  AD, Chair, author.. whatever set of activities
we feel makes it likely they will have clue.

I guess I'm old-time minded here, what is wrong with 3 meetings out
of 5, and if you want co-authored document.

As for Loa's question about why someone who hasn't done real IETF work
would want to volunteer, the answer is politics and/or ego.  They or
their company might want to hold sway over nomcom or the person might
just want to add this to their resume.

With due respect - I don't think this is how it work, do we have any
running code? Our rules so far has not stopped anyone form paying and
register, sit at the back of a a couple of wg meetings and three IETF
meetings later drop his/her name into the hat. But has it happened?

/Loa

--

Loa Andersson                        email:
loa(_at_)mail01(_dot_)huawei(_dot_)com