Re: Updating BCP 10 -- NomCom ELEGIBILITY

2015-02-11 13:49:52
On Feb 11, 2015, at 10:43 AM, Loa Andersson <loa(_at_)pi(_dot_)nu> wrote:
Let us say that we have 1200 attendees per meeting, the group you are
talking is 1% of the 1200, we are talking about 12 people.

I suspect that what you will find is that of the remote attendees, zero are
there to read email in a meeting room.   So I think this 1% figure you've
pulled out of your hat is probably not a good one to use: it's likely that a
regular remote attendee is very involved in the IETF.

For my own part, now that I'm no longer an AD as of March, I'm seriously
questioning whether I want to keep flying to IETF meetings every time.   It's a
huge carbon footprint, expensive for my company, and really disruptive to my
life.   IETF has been getting better and better at supporting remote attendees.
  I would love to be able to skip a couple of IETFs a year, and the nomcom
eligibility requirement is a major impediment to being able to do that in good
conscience.

(And yes, I recognize that if I wound up on nomcom, attendance during that
period would not be optional.)