Re: Updating BCP 10 -- NomCom ELEGIBILITY

2015-02-13 11:57:24

Stewart Bryant <stbryant(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> wrote:
    >> The issue is whether the 11th member (the spare), sits through the
    >> proceedings, goes to the interviews, etc.  If they don't, then they
    >> aren't of much use.... If they *do* it seems like a large burden to do
    >> that, and then not get to vote unless someone gets hit by a bus.

    > Michael

    > Unless they are required to be silent unless spoken to, the spare
    > member will have some influence in the outcome, through the debate that
    > takes place.  They may not have as much influence as someone with a
    > vote but they have significantly more influence than anyone outside the
    > Nomcom.

I would not make them be silent; and so I do agree with you: they will have
some influence.

I think, though, that it would be a very frustrating experience myself,
and the committee would be most likely to loose that member.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-