Re: Updating BCP 10 -- NomCom ELEGIBILITY

2015-02-18 21:47:37

Sam Hartman <hartmans-ietf(_at_)mit(_dot_)edu> wrote:
    > It sounds like we're probably not in a position with the tools today
    > that you could join the ietf community and participate well enough to
    > be a good nomcom member purely remotely.

That is not being proposed.
This is not about initial eligibility.

Nor do I propose someone can be completely remote; you need to attend a bit,
just not as many as 2 meeting/year. (the 3/5 rule really means 2/3, because
otherwise, you'd wind up some years with only 2/5 and become ineligible)

]     mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on
rails    [