Re: HTTP/2 has been approved

2015-02-19 12:51:23
* Paul Hoffman wrote:
Good god, no. HTTP/2 is quite complex, and it is likely that at least
some parts will turn out to be non-optimal. Please give the HTTPBIS WG
at least a year to shake out the protocol after wide deployment and
constant use. Rushing the WG just so we can feel good about slapping a
near-meaningless feel-good label on the spec is not a good process.

Counter-proposal: we let the people closest to the protocol, the WG
that created it, decide when to ask for STD status.

Indeed. And I note that some participants preferred Experimental status
for the document for the time being.
--
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:bjoern(_at_)hoehrmann(_dot_)de ·
http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de