Re: HTTP/2 has been approved

2015-02-19 09:17:16

I'm very concerned about this part:

A key point in the protocol development process was the iteration the
working group did between protocol updates, and implementations and
testing. Certain draft protocol versions were labelled by the working group
as "implementation drafts", and the participants -- many web browser and
web server providers -- updated their implementations and tested out the
protocol changes. Most of the interim meetings included part of a day spent
on hands-on interoperability testing and discussion. The result is a
thoroughly validated protocol that has been shown to interoperate and that
meets the needs of many major stakeholders.

It sure seems to me like those "implementation drafts" are what used to be
called proposed standards.

What I see is a new step in the standardization process, along with a view
that the step after internet-draft seems to include proven interoperability.

I propose that this document skip PS, and go straight to Internet Standard to
accurately reflect the status of this document.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-