Re: HTTP/2 has been approved

2015-02-20 09:24:03
On 2015-02-19 16:35, Yoav Nir wrote:
I propose that this document skip PS, and go straight to Internet Standard to
accurately reflect the status of this document.

There is currently pretty close to zero deployment in the real world. A bunch of lab
implementations that managed to interoperate in a bake-off is not an indication of
something ready for Internet Standard. But don’t you agree that publishing a
document with the bunch of lab implementations is better than publishing it without
them?

5% of the HTTP requests seen by Google is very different from "close to zero" (source: <http://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2015/02/10/http2-is-at-5/>).

The HTTP/2 implementations in Firefox, Chrome and a bunch of highly used sites (such as Google and Twitter) are *not* "lab implementations".

Other than that, I agree that the we continue to have a too-high-bar for Proposed Standards.

Best regards, Julian