Re: sweets to the sweet, was 'Paywall, ' IETF self-sufficiency

2015-02-27 16:20:41
In article <54F0A203(_dot_)1020209(_at_)joelhalpern(_dot_)com> you write:
The secretariat has sometimes put out nuts.

A few times they put out tuna sandwiches, and as I recall those tended
to disappear long before the cookies did.

On the assumption that remote participants can make their own
sandwiches, do we have any estimate of what benefits remote
participants bring to our live WG sessions?  I've certainly been to
plenty of sessions where the chair or document author was on the phone
or typing fast into jabber, and the session would have been vastly
less useful if he or she weren't there.

R's,
John