Re: Last Call: <draft-farrresnickel-harassment-05.txt> (IETF Anti-Harassment Procedures) to Best Current Practice

2015-03-09 15:14:58
Hi Sam,

First, I agree with the assessment in the first part of your message. See also
my reply to Mike St. Johns. We've gotten the review, and I'm comfortable with
the outcome.

Second, I agree that the issues that you mention in the second part of your
message are challenging. But I think the document as it is takes a stand on
those issues. We've given the Ombudsteam the responsibility to come up with
internal procedures that preserves as much confidentiality as possible but
allows them to properly investigate. And we did discuss the
leadership-as-respondent issues during IESG Evaluation, and we concluded
keeping these procedures and recall separate was best. Pete or Adrian can give
details if you're interested.

I think the rest we have to see, and improve if that experience shows that
change is needed.

In any case, we’ve approved the document in the last IESG telechat.

Jari