A Eulogy For A Friend - Ping Pan

2015-03-25 15:02:24

It is a very sad day today in that we have to inform you all of the passing of
Ping Pan on Tuesday evening. Ping is survived by his wife Jenny, and his young
son and daughter. His family has asked for privacy during this time. No info at
this time about any public services being planned. If we hear any updates, will
post in on Facebook.

Many of you knew Ping from his years of work at the IETF, his graduate work at
Columbia before that, or in other professional circles. Ping was a brilliant
engineer, but more so a great friend, husband and father. Ping will be
remembered as some say, as a kind man who was a bit nutty but in a wonderful
and inspring way. He was a person with what seemed like unlimited energy,
ambition and optimism at all times. For Sam and me it was these qualities that
really made it a pleasure being friends with him. Spending time with him made
your day better. He will be missed.

Please raise a glass to toast and celebrate the life of Ping with us.

Tom and Sam