Re: "Per Area" and "Per AD" review ballots?

2015-03-26 13:12:25
On Mar 26, 2015, at 11:35 AM, Melinda Shore
<melinda(_dot_)shore(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
Is there a real problem here?

Speaking for myself, it would have been helpful to have had a clearer sense of
what to look at and what not to waste my time on early on.   I got a solid
reality check from Stewart Bryant about this midway through my first year, but
it took well into my second year to really figure out which drafts to review
closely and which to skim.   However, I think it's worth having ADs skim drafts
so that they can notice cross-area issues, and for that to work they either
have to be able to ballot, or else they have to use peer pressure.   I think
being able to ballot is probably better.