Re: We should drop the useless urn: prefix

2015-03-27 23:14:30
On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 9:26 PM,  <l(_dot_)wood(_at_)surrey(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk>
wrote:
And I can write a draft pretty quickly now that I have rfctool
that lets me compose them in Word.

This is the IETF design equivalent of script kiddies.

(CCSDS protocol design documents are done in Word; says much.)

Some of us want to make the IETF more inclusive and break down
makework barriers to participation.

I see no reason to denigrate people for wanting to use the right tool
for the job or casting aspersions on the work done in other bodies.

Getting ten government agencies to co-ordinate work on a technical
specification that people's lives are going to depend on is quite a
feat. If we want other folk to respect our judgement we should treat
them with equal respect.