Re: New Non-WG Mailing List: Mpvdapi

2015-04-02 14:03:12
On Apr 2, 2015, at 12:28 PM, Randy Bush <randy(_at_)psg(_dot_)com> wrote:
perhaps expanding some acronyms would be helpful for the reader who is
not deeply involved in multi-person venereal diseases.

Or you could just google mpvd and notice that the document referenced in the
announcement is third on the list of results.   Or accept that if you don't
know what the acronym means, and didn't bother to read the referenced document
when it was last-called about a month ago, that maybe you aren't going to be
interested in participating in the design team for which the mailing list was
created.

I will of course admit that the snarky comments are much more fun to come up
with, but on a practical level I don't think they add any value, and the person
who composed the announcement with which you are finding fault might consider
them a poor reward for his efforts within the IETF, which, like all of our
efforts, are imperfect.