Re: FTP Service Discontinuance Under Consideration; Input Requested

2015-04-07 06:53:24
On Apr 7, 2015, at 4:52 AM, Randy Bush <randy(_at_)psg(_dot_)com> wrote:
i maintain an ftp server.  it is a pita.  i also maintain uucp service.
i recommend neither.  but i have very good reasons to run them.  i am
still not getting the very good reason for the secretariat to continue
to run ftp.

Yup.  I killed off ftp on my servers about four or five years ago because the
code was too old and brittle to feel trustworthy, and I didn't need it.   The
idea that there is no cost to continuing to run a service that is already
working fails to take into account the issue of stale code with few friendly
eyes upon it.