Re: e-mail password reminders discontinued

2015-05-19 02:07:23
Am 18. Mai 2015 21:45:50 MESZ, schrieb IETF Chair <chair(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>:
however, which have led us to disable them again. We also hoped
that we would be able to make the setting a per-subscriber option.
However, this turned out to not be possible in Mailman.
This is correct, but from a pure technical viewpoint this will be easier to
solve with the new version of mailman 3 (which is a groundbreaking rewrite of
mailman) and much more transparent to extend or modify in functionality if
"required".

But the new mailman version is still - compared to the technical step behind -
very "new" / young - so it may take still some time to find most mailman
installations out there migrated to the new mailman.

btw: From my (very) personal view i did not require any password reminders from
mailing lists...

hth a bit,
cheerioh,

Niels.