Re: e-mail password reminders discontinued

2015-05-19 12:56:15

On Tue, 19 May 2015, Huub van Helvoort wrote:

Why not send only a list reminder, without the password.
And for each list a link to the listinfo page where one
can unsubscribe or retrieve the password if necessary.

I am one of the folks who appreciates a monthy subscription
reminder. As they all arrive at about the same time, I get
an inventory of my subscriptions AND can review for missing
subscriptions as well as subscriptions that don't apply.

I never needed and never wanted the password reminder part
of the email. It was a stupid security breach. But many
of my lists, not managed by mailman, send subscription
reminders each month.