Re: WG Review: CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (cose)

2015-05-27 09:38:48
On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 3:50 PM, Carsten Bormann <cabo(_at_)tzi(_dot_)org>
wrote:

Not basing further IETF work on CBOR would ensure the IETF loses impact
there, and would accomplish what?

To head off one of those threads where arguments are rehashed repeatedly, I
think I'm gonna let the arguments given by Phillip and Sam stand on their
own now that I've stated my concern.

I also noticed that the active draft for this effort has a normative
dependency on CDDL.

How best to write up the spec is indeed an interesting issue.

For now, CDDL is a good way to discuss the draft, much better than
lobbing around large quantities of ambiguous English prose.

You and I agree here. I favor whatever it takes to make CDDL a viable
normative reference, so long as it doesn't preclude other efforts.

-andy