Re: [Cose] WG Review: CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (cose)

2015-05-27 20:02:37
Could the working group be chartered with a requirement to align “Object
Signing and Encryption” so that it uniformly applies to CBOR and JSON?

I think the case has been made that the data model differences between JSON and
CBOR are legitimate and I don’t think the IETF should pick one over the other
as a policy, let the sides fight it out in the market, not in the decision
whether to charter a working group.

But getting each side to recognize the legitimacy of the other and making OSE
more independent of the details of the data model would be really helpful.
Why not XML and http://www.w3.org/XML/EXI/ too?

Larry
—
http://larry.masinter.net