Re: IESG Statement on surprised authors

2015-05-29 18:26:10
Afaik from our discussion that led to this statement, and the recent
appeal on the subject, The contents of the acknowledges section is
largely at the discretion of the editors/authors.

I liked our words on the subject at the time.

Writing acknowledgments sections is largely a matter of editorial
discretion, where good sense and general attribution practices are the
primary guidelines, although RFC 2026 Section 10.3.1 has some specific
rules regarding acknowledgment of major contributors, copyright, and IPR.