Re: IESG Statement on surprised authors

2015-05-30 10:15:00

On May 30, 2015, at 01:48, Eliot Lear <lear(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> wrote:

I like this draft, but I suggest that it apply to ALL RFCs (not just the
IETF stream).

Eliot

Sorry but I disagree. Not ALL RFCs, to exemplify why, I think the use of a
humorous nom de plume or a sarcastic acknowledgement would be perfectly
legitimate for RFCs published on a particular day in the spring.

Authorship, contribution, and acknowledgement are serious and important issues,
but that is no reason to completely abandon or exclude humor and sarcasm in
appropriate doses.

David Farmer                          Email: farmer(_at_)umn(_dot_)edu
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE         Phone: +1-612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: +1-612-812-9952