Re: IESG Statement on surprised authors

2015-05-31 03:48:47
There's a basic principle at stake: don't lie and don't mislead, either
directly, indirectly, or through omission.  We make an exception for
April 1 RFCs, which may do all three.

Eliot

On 5/30/15 5:14 PM, David Farmer wrote:
On May 30, 2015, at 01:48, Eliot Lear <lear(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> wrote:

I like this draft, but I suggest that it apply to ALL RFCs (not just the
IETF stream).

Eliot

Sorry but I disagree. Not ALL RFCs, to exemplify why, I think the use of a
humorous nom de plume or a sarcastic acknowledgement would be perfectly
legitimate for RFCs published on a particular day in the spring.

Authorship, contribution, and acknowledgement are serious and important
issues, but that is no reason to completely abandon or exclude humor and
sarcasm in appropriate doses.