Re: IESG Statement on surprised authors

2015-06-03 04:53:14
On 02/06/2015 23:57, Ted Lemon wrote:
On Jun 2, 2015, at 5:57 PM, John Levine <johnl(_at_)taugh(_dot_)com> wrote:
Considering that most of these situations appear to be mistakes, why
should correcting this mistake be more humiliating than correcting the
zillions of other mistakes fixed from one version of an I-D to the
next?
How can one possibly add an author accidentally?

Well there can be a cut and paste error in the document?

I am sure many drafts start life as the re-incarnation of
an earlier work, in which case such oversight is easy. Certainly
all my drafts are traceable to one I wrote many years ago.

Then there is the possibility of mistaken identity or memory
failure in trying to remember who was in the huddle
at IETF when it was agreed that a draft would be written.

- Stewart