Re: discussion style and respect

2015-06-11 19:17:27
On 06/11/2015 05:57 PM, Larry Masinter wrote:
1. Consider the possibility that some of the cases are deliberate trolling
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll#Corporate.2C_political_and_special_interest_sponsored_trolls

I have thought over the years, that the WG chairs need to be a bit more
aggressive when this or when aggressive posts continue.

Personal attacks should be responded to by the WG chair with a private
warning, then if they continue, banning them from the WG or all IETF lists.

The banning step should be a public WG notice so that those directly
effected and the observers that are often effected, know that it is
being stopped and not tolerated.

I have had another misrepresent my posts by non-clever editing (and flat
out fiction) and drag out a WG for months. Its why I no longer post
drafts. I almost had to file legal action to stop him. Fortunately his
employer wanted no part of it and they stopped him. It was almost
5-years later when an AG told me they wished they had stopped him.

Why not stop them when it happens? Is it a legal issue?

--

Doug Royer - (http://K7DMR.us / http://DougRoyer.US)
DouglasRoyer(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com