Re: Questions about the new IETF mail archive

2015-06-18 15:29:51
On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 08:18:20AM +1200, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
On 19/06/2015 07:36, Nico Williams wrote:
The old-style mailman archive, the one with a link for each month (or
quarter), with by-thread and by-date views, is hard to beat.  Granted,
having a different archive by month (or quarter) was a bit of a PITA,

Not when looking for a particular thread of messages in early 2000,
as I was the other day. I couldn't find any way with the new one of
finding a date range many years ago (maybe I'm just stupid). It's a
bit fiddly with the old archive, but can be done.

Long live both archives.

Why can't we have the old-style archives anyways?  I don't mind the new
thing, but like you I also want the old thing.