Re: horse left the barn, etc, was <draft-iab-doi-04.txt> (Assigning Digital Object Identifiers to RFCs)

2015-07-09 11:22:45

9 jul 2015 kl. 17:19 skrev Keith Moore
<moore(_at_)network-heretics(_dot_)com>:

RFCs should reference URNs whenever possible.  If there's no URN for a
reference but there is a DOI, I have no objection to the DOI being included.
If both exist, I would consider it acceptable to reference both.

I fully support making it easy for RFC readers to access referenced
publications.  But the RFC editor should not undermine IETF standards efforts.

Are you seriously claiming that the RSE is _undermining_ the IETF standards
effort by adding an external reference to published RFCs or did I miss
something (not being a native English speaker)?

Keith

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 9, 2015, at 11:04 AM, Joel M. Halpern