Re: Gen-ART LC review of draft-bradner-iaoc-terms-01

2015-07-28 17:24:23
fwiw - based on your & Dave’s previous comments I am removing this level of
detail from the draft
and just saying that the IAOC will develop processes for the transition and
elections

I can also say that the processes will be subject to public comment before
adoption

that said, I see problems with having the previous chair run the elections in
almost all cases
if the previous chairs term is up they would not likely be in the meeting and
if the term is
not up the person, more often than not, will be running for an additional term.

and then you have the kind of thing that happened at the last chair election:

———
Tobias, as Acting IAOC Chair, opened the IAOC meeting on 2015-04-28
at 10:26 AM London UK time.

Tobias stated that the first order of business is to elect the IAOC
Chair, and nominations are now open. Scott nominated Tobias. There
were no other nominations. Tobias indicated his willingness to
serve, and stated that he had no conflicts. The term would expire in
March of 2016.  Tobias left the room to facilitate discussion.
Tobias was called back in the room

Ray closed discussions and called the question. The motion on the
floor is to elect Tobias as IAOC Chair.  There was no additional
discussion. There were no abstentions, and no objections. Tobias was
unanimously elected IAOC Chair.

Jari Arkko [YES]
Lou Berger [YES]
Scott Bradner [YES]
Kathy Brown [YES]
Tobias Gondrom [YES]
Benson Schliesser [YES]
Andrew Sullivan [YES]
——

but lets discuss options for this later

Scott

On Jul 28, 2015, at 6:02 PM, John C Klensin <john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com>